Facebook is a social media that was started in 2004 by Marc Zuckerberg. It now has 1.65 billion users and is the #1 social media site to-date. Facebook has always been very useful for individual accounts, business, and any entrepreneurial purposes. I like Facebook to see what’s going on around the world, to see what my family is up to, to get a laugh, and anything really. Follow us on Facebook. Below are 11 tips to help any Facebook user.
Profile picture: 180 x 180
Cover picture: 851 x 315
11 Facebook Tips
- Facebook strategy. Make a Facebook strategy along with your social media plan. With a strategy, you can obtain your goals and it helps with making progress.
- Post consistently. Out of sight, out of mind. Remember to remain visible to your niche. You subconsciously are advertising to your peers.
- Complete profile. Fill out your profile completely and everything completely. Don’t be lazy. Plus this helps your customers get to know you and the products you carry.
- Quality pictures. Great pictures are vital nowadays. Crappy pictures or stock pics give off a “lazy vibe.” Nice pictures just look more professional.
- Make schedule. Make a posting schedule. This way your followers know what’s coming on what days. People who love your blog will look forward to a new post “every Tuesday.”
- Create a page and a group. Start your own page and group. Like a spider, cast your web far and wide.
- Be authentic. Be yourself. Don’t be someone you are not. You want quality followers anyways. These are ones who like you for being you.
- Engage. Reply to comments. Thank your and likes, host contests etc. The more active you are, the more engagement you receive. It is that simple.
- Join groups. This Facebook Event Marketing Group has kept me busy in the event planning and event marketing industry for 6+ years.
- Post great content. They say “Content is King.” Post all quality content including your own but don’t over due it. Remember the 80% – 20% rule.
- Don’t give up. People tend to quit when things potentially, would have gotten better that very next day. Of course we would never know, but this works both ways. Read “3 Feet from Gold,” by Sharon Lechter.
Cool Statistic: Engagement goes up 18% on Thursday and Friday.
Facebook is one of my favorite social media websites because it is the only one I actually use to stay connected with my family. Launched in early 2004 by Marc Zuckerberg with some college classmates. Man, it has come along way since then. Facebook is the #1 social media app with 1.65 Billion users. Facebook isn’t going anywhere, anytime soon, especially with Facebook Video taking off. Anyways, thanks for reading and I hope this list helped.
Aloha! Experiential Marketing Team – Subscribe to our newsletter below!