I love Instagram. Follow me on Instagram by the way. Finally, I realize how important Instagram is for business. Especially having quality pictures, so that is why I’m starting to devote more time to getting these, “quality pictures.” With Instagram passing $500 million users, it is one of the top social media apps to date. I remember when Facebook bought Instagram for $1 billion, now I just a report stating they will earn over $1 billion this year just in ad revenue. Now that’s a great investment. With over 95 million pictures being uploaded a day, I’m actually slowly becoming an Instagram fan. Below is a list of 11 tips to help you use Instagram better.
Profile picture: 110 x 110
Square picture: 510 x 510
Landscape image in feed: 600 x 450
Portrait image in feed: 1080 x 1350
The Instagram app I just started using to pre-schedule my posts is called Later.
11 Instagram Tips
- Business account. There are regular Instagram accounts and business accounts. Make sure to get the business account for the added analytics and benefits you receive.
- Profile complete. Make sure your profile is complete and as professional as possible. In the profile section, you have a spot where they let you put a website so if you don’t have your own, personal website yet, you can use a free site like Tumblr, Blogspot, or WordPress. If you don’t have any of these, add your Facebook or Twitter account for now.
- Brand strategy. Set up a strategy or business plan before you start so you don’t aimlessly post. Example: Monday Motivation: maybe a quote each Monday. Tuesday Tip: maybe a tip for whatever your niche is. This way your followers can and will expect a certain type of post from you each day. Also by knowing your strategy ahead of time, this can help you stay organized.
- Branded pictures. Make your brand identifiable by using the same or similar picture editing tools on your pictures. This helps because users will start to get used to your branding just from the writing and colors you use, also from the editing on your pictures will help distinguish yourself from other business’.
- Incentivize followers. Host a photo contest or a follow type contest. Example: for every 100 likes I’ll pick a random follower a $25 gift card etc. Have followers hashtag your business with photos and the best photograph can win $100. This not only expands your reach, helps your hashtag out, adds new followers, gets more likes, and gets more followers.
- Engage. Just like the contest in #4. Contests help with being social on Instagram. This also helps your followers feel apart of the team and will stay with you. They say that is what people want the most, to be a part of something. Engagement has become so important since the search engine optimization changes earlier this year. Make sure you thank your followers who liked the picture, reply to any or all comments on your pictures and engage your users by, maybe asking questions.
- Quality pictures. Make sure you are consistent with posting and with the quality of your pictures. As the online community becomes more and more competitive, the quality goes up with it. Quality pictures say a lot about you and your business, if you use blurry, ugly pictures, your users won’t think you care. By using nice, high-quality pictures shows you care.
- Custom shortened link. Use Bit.ly to make a custom, shortened link just for your Instagram account so you can use and track the analytics. Use this in your profile as well. Mine is Bit.ly.Bit.ly is just 1 of many URL shortening companies out there.
- Use apps. Use some helpful apps like Iconosquare and Webstagram to help with analytics and tracking important data. Using analytics helps you learn what is and what isn’t working. Auto posting app – Later.
- Hashtags. Websta.me/hot and other great apps will help you with finding the top hashtags for whatever your niche is. Also a trick a lot of companies use is placing all the hashtags in the comments because of the unlimited space you get. It is known that the more hashtags you use on Instagram, the more engagement a picture receives.
- Don’t give up. Keep at it. Also, videos are where the social media world is heading so practice with videos so you don’t get left behind. Also, embed a picture and/or videos to your blog and website.
I enjoy Instagram
The more I use Instagram, the more I enjoy using it. I realized that if you try to tell a story with Instagram, it starts to feel more natural. Instagram videos is where the social media world is heading so don’t forget to get some practice in. If there are any tips I forget just comment below or email us at email@example.com. I hope this helped and don’t forget to follow us on Instagram.
Aloha! Experiential Marketing Team Subscribe to our newsletter below!